BACK TO THE CITY FESTIVAL
Two producers share the stage, and each plays their own beat selection that comprises of 2 of they hottest beats at their individual stations. There are 2 judges and the last vote is from the crowd. This is measured by the crowds’ response after the 2 judges have voted. The producers have 5 min to play a selection of they top 2 beats. We prefer the beats to be 2 minutes long max.
The beat battles will have 3 rounds on the day:
ROUND ONE: Selection round
ROUND TWO: Semi Final
ROUND THREE: Final round.
All judging is scored out of 10)
Style perfection (/10)
WININERS TAKE ALL!
FORMAT: THE EMCEE
Two emcees go up against each other in the form of performing 2 tracks each. There are 2 judges and the third is the crowd. The voting from the crowd will be judged according to crowd reaction. After the chosen 5 have performed then the judges will resume with the judging.
(All judging is scored out of 10)
Entertainment Value (/10)
WINNERS GETS PAID!
(SELECTION PROCES ON THE WEBSITE)
• 1 vote per I.P address per day
• Producers/Artists that send us songs, by doing so agree that they are the original composers of the materials email to us.
• All the acts chosen can campaign till they drop for votes.
• Only the top 8 producers and top 5 emcees voted will be chosen to go thru to the second stage of the 10k challenge at the festival on the 27th of April.
• If you are chosen and you from outside Gauteng it is your responsibility to transport your self to the festival on the 27th of April.
• If you from another province and you are not able to make it then someone else will be selected to replace you.
• All the artist that make it to final list will automatically have free entrance to the festival.
SO HOW DO YOU ENTER?
STEP 1: Email us your beat/ track with a high res picture and profile to:
STEP2: After the top 20 have been chosen on the 25th of February they
profiles and tracks will be put up on the website
(www.backtothecityfestival.com) and then campaigning starts.
STEP3: The top 8 voted producers and top voted 5 emcees will then be
invited on the 27th of April to come showcase they skill with the
hope of winning the 10k challenge.
STEP 4: Voting ends on the 12th of April
STEP 5: All names will put up on the site on the 21st of April and a
flyer with all names will also be created.
4/17/2020 02:53:11 pm
Good evening 😅since it has been prosponed is entering closed?
7/1/2022 09:42:15 am
Hi thankks for posting this
Leave a Reply.